The Office Assistant will provide general administrative support to the Executive Director and other staff. The direct supervisor for this position is the Executive Director and the Office Assistant will report to him.
- Assist with general communication – e-mail, letters and phone with general public
- Organize office, paper and electronic filing, data entry
- Assist with appeal, newsletter and other mailings
- Process credit card donations, make bank deposits
- Handle enquiries and carry out online research
- Make meeting arrangements, prepare documents–coordinate room bookings, travel itineraries
- Coordinates equipment maintenance, computer back-ups and solicits IT help as needed
- Upkeep & re-stocking office supplies
- Develop and maintain an office equipment inventory
- Proof reading and editing documents, perform policy background research, preparation of legal documents
- Minute taking
- Other duties as assigned
He/she will have to be a fast learner, be able to work independently, have excellent communication and writing skills.
- Minimum College Diploma in Office or Business Administration or 2 years of relevant working experience
- Mature, accountable/responsible, confidential, diplomatic, tactful, person of integrity, committed to quality and professionalism
- Energetic self starter with a strong work ethic
- Strong interpersonal skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills – MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Detail oriented with strong administration and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and work efficiently in a small team environment
- Knowledge of international development concepts and practices is an asset
- 20 hours per week: (9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Monday-Thursday)
- $19 per hour
- One year contract with possibility of extension. Valid drivers’ license.
Submit resume and cover letter by June 1, 2012. All submissions must be submitted to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
We encourage only those candidates with the above specified qualifications to apply. TF thanks all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.