Transforming Faces is a Canadian charity that empowers local multidisciplinary medical teams to provide free comprehensive cleft lip and palate care for children and adults in developing countries. This allows children to live full, healthy lives.
TF currently partners with seven local medical teams which provide comprehensive, team-based care for cleft lip and palate in South America, Africa and South Asia.
We are currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual to assist our in-house fundraising and marketing efforts. We hope to develop our fundraising strategy, identify new funding sources, and better our current stewardship protocols.
Main Responsibility: Collaborate with staff & partners to spearhead the creation and implementation of a fundraising & marketing strategy for TF
This will include:
- Developing strategies to increase our donor base, recover lapsed donors and engage with existing donors
- Develop fundraising initiatives and templates to assist TF in its events and appeals
- Identify new funding sources, such as employee giving and matching programs, foundations, and corporations
- Assist with fundraising proposals & case for support
- Create individual strategies for major-gift & key donor solicitations
- Establish annual and quarterly fundraising targets and priorities
- Degree in marketing, fundraising, or related field preferred
- Exceptional ability to see the big picture and to develop strategy
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills are necessary
- Proven ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders in a cross-cultural team environment
- Excellent organizational & research skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Previous fundraising experience will be an asset
- Ability to analyze raw data to discern correlations and trends
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector
- Knowledge of current trends in philanthropy
Upon completion of this position, you will have assisted a small, project-focused charity in developing and enhancing their fundraising strategies and will help our partners assist even more children.
The successful employee will receive letters of recommendation and will be able to use their skills in future fundraising and marketing positions.
June 23 – August 15 (8 weeks)
You will be required to comply with our Confidentiality Contract if you are successful.
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter, no later than June 9, 2014, to:
Debbie Silva, Communications Coordinator
344 Bloor Street West, Suite 208
Toronto, Ontario M5S 3A7
Please include ‘Marketing Intern’ as the subject line.
Transforming Faces is a small Canadian charity that provides free multi-disciplinary cleft care for children and adults in developing countries. We work in partnership with local cleft specialists and fund community-based medical teams.
We go beyond the initial surgery, meaning wherever possible our local cleft teams include: audiologists, dentists, nurse co-ordinators, orthodontists, social workers, speech therapists and surgeons.
Our hope is that children and adults with cleft lip and palate can access local, comprehensive care that will allow them to lead full and happy lives.
We direct 100% of all donations to our cleft programs for children around the world, thanks to a private charitable foundation which covers our low overhead & administration expenses.
Find out more at www.transformingfaces.org