Full-time Office & Special Events Coordinator
Transforming Faces is a Canadian charity that supports free comprehensive cleft lip and palate care for children and adults in developing countries. We work in partnership with local cleft specialists and fund community-based medical teams.
The Office & Special Events Coordinator oversees day-to-day management of office administration to ensure smooth operations, and will lead the planning and execution of annual fundraising events. He/she will serve as the first point of contact with donors and the general public, and as a result, will be responsible for engaging and nurturing supporters around the charity’s work. The Office & Special Events Coordinator will also provide administrative support to the Executive Director to whom h/she will report directly.
- Coordinates and produces – from conception to completion – the logistics of two annual fundraising events. Major responsibilities include timelines, negotiating with venues and suppliers, establishing legal contracts, staffing of volunteers and budget development.
- Solicits sponsorships, silent auction items, underwriters and donations
- Identifies and secures event host, speakers and/or special guests, entertainment
- Recruits, interviews, trains and facilitates meetings, and assigns roles as needed to Event Committee and volunteers
- Coordinates and organizes volunteer appreciation events and social events
- Assists with donor appreciation events and other important meetings such as AGM.
- Liaises with Communications Coordinator to promote event, organize the production of invites, tickets, posters, catalogues and programmes, plus social media coverage.
- Conducts post-event evaluation, including final internal report, analysis and reports for event stakeholders
Donor Relations & Stewardship:
- Assists with research for foundations & donor appeals, newsletters and other mailings
- Maintains thorough records of interactions with donors and their contributions in donor database systems
- Nurtures donor relationships & assists in donor acquisition
- Provides support with grant proposal research and development
- Assists in monitoring social media and website, in coordination with the Communications Coordinator
- Assists with mail appeal, grant proposals, donor stewardship and special fundraising
- Cultivate donor relationships through letters, phone calls and feedback surveys
Administrative Duties & Office Maintenance
- Manages all incoming calls and supports other general office communications (e-mails, letters)
- Organizes office, upkeep & re-stocking of office supplies, develop & maintain office inventory
- Maintains petty cash float, office safe, bank deposits, and bank balances
- Paper and electronic filing, data entry
- Arranges meetings, prepares documents, catering, minute taking
- Coordinates equipment maintenance, computer back-ups and solicits IT help as needed
- Coordinates all maintenance issues with landlord & cleaning staff
- Other duties as assigned
Administrative Assistance to Executive Director
- Drafts letters, proofreads documents, and research topics as needed
- Coordinates flights, room bookings, travel itineraries, transfers, per diems
- Ensures that all travel document needed (insurance, emergency information, contracts, waivers etc.) are up to date and in place
- Assists with travel expense reports
He/she will have to be a fast learner, be able to work independently, and have excellent communication skills.
- Minimum College Diploma in business administration and/or fundraising
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Superior interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Planning, research & time management skills, flexible attitude
- Previous event management experience
- Detail oriented with strong administration and organizational skills
- Experience using donor database systems, particularly Sumac
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, delegate and provide solutions while working efficiently in a small team environment
- Mature, confident, charismatic, tactful person of integrity, committed to quality and professionalism
- Energetic self-starter with strong networking abilities and a passionate work ethic
- Excellent computer skills – MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of international development concepts and practices is an asset
- Spanish language skills is an asset
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30, 2015 at 5pm. No phone calls please.