Since its inception, Transforming Faces has focused on ensuring every child born with cleft lip and palate has access to the full range of treatment they need for as long as they need it, and, in 2014, we made some huge strides to turn this promise into a reality.
Some highlights from last year include:
- 2,321 patients supported through 43,634 rehabilitation interventions
- 336 cleft repair surgeries completed in our partner countries
- A new plastic surgeon recruited to support our work in Argentina
- A new dental clinic launched at UPCH, a university/teaching hospital in Peru
- Local fundraising generated over $31,000 in Thailand
- Field testing of the NIFTY Cup in India, a low-cost feeding tool for infants unable to breastfeed
- Speech therapy outreach held in Ethiopia
- South-South training in Peru and Argentina supported by Chile’s Fundación Gantz
To access our 2014 audited financial statements, click here.