Position: Executive Director
Applications are being accepted for a new leader who is driven to deliver results. Reporting to the Chair of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) provides leadership to ensure that TF accomplishes its strategic objectives, vision and mission. In doing so, he/she works in close consultation with staff and the Board of Directors to establish, implement and manage organizational goals, policies and strategic directions. The ED manages and inspires staff to run a small and efficient operation with the support of Canadian and international donors.
Applicants with the following attributes are encouraged to apply:
- Strategic, strong practical leadership skills with good business sense
- Strong networking skills with solid executive presence
- Good generalist with a track record as a senior manager in a smaller organization with a minimum of 8 – 10 years in the management of administrative, human resource and financial management systems.
- A good fundraising generalist with strong communications skills. Ability to build a diversified fundraising strategy.
- A self-starter capable of bringing partners together and making things happen
- Brings a strong understanding of Board Governance to support the board in its role ensuring mechanisms are in placing for accountability, reporting, communication, input and role clarity for the effectiveness of the organization.
- University degree
- Appreciation for international development is an asset
- Experience working in a niche healthcare charitable organization
- Knowledge of or exposure to cleft lip and palate population
If someone you know may be interested in this position please feel free to forward this document – we’d be pleased to connect with them.
This search is being conducted on behalf of Transforming Faces by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders for Canada’s non-profit sector. Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online only, in confidence, prior to January 4, 2016 at firstname.lastname@example.org and cite position #42 in the subject line. We thank all candidates for applying, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.