You’ve heard of Black Friday and Cyber Monday? Well here’s a new day in the Holiday Season – a day to give back!
The first annual GivingTuesday is happening December 3 across Canada!
GivingTuesday, initiated in Canada by CanadaHelps and GIV3, marks the opening day of the giving season. The movement encourages individuals and organizations to join together and find innovative ways to give back to the charities and causes they support throughout the holiday season.
How will you give back?
Here are some ideas to help you get started:
- Donate Now & Transform a Life: 100% of donations go directly to our cleft programs and all donations of $200 or more will be matched!
- WANT TO TRIPLE YOUR DONATION?
Interac will match donations on December 3 (if you pay using Interac Online). If you donate $200 or more, your donation will also be matched by our private charitable foundation. Donate via this link.
- Donate in lieu of gifts – Find out how Aleena, an 8 year old, raised $545 in lieu of gifts.
- Tweet about it! Use #GivingTuesdayca #feelgreatgiving or tweet us at @TransformFaces to let us know how you’ll give back today!
- Share your plans with us on Facebook
- Walk, run, bake, fundraise, transform lives! Become a champion for children with cleft lip and palate!
- Celebrate your birthday with Transforming Faces: We’ve partnered with ECHOage, a birthday party website that helps kids give to charity while getting great gifts. Get started!
- Cash in your closet! Check out our Closets & Causes page to either sell your fashionable clothing & accessories or shop other peoples closets and help us reach our goal.
Happy Giving Tuesday!