Position: Executive Director
Applications are being accepted for a new leader who is driven to deliver results. Reporting to the Chair of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) provides leadership to ensure that TF accomplishes its strategic objectives, vision and mission. In doing so, he/she works in close consultation with staff and the Board of Directors to establish, implement and manage organizational goals, policies and strategic directions. The ED manages and inspires staff in the organization to run a small and efficient operation with the support of Canadian and international donors.
The position is based in Toronto on a full-time basis but will require travel nationally and internationally. Applicants with the following attributes are encouraged to apply:
- Strong senior management track record with at least eight years’ of experience in a like sized humanitarian organization with an international scope
- Strong experience and understanding of international development practices and trends — flexibility to travel internationally
- Strong skills in organizational management, program development, and in the management of administrative, human resource and financial management systems.
- Self – starter, entrepreneurial and capable of bringing partners together and making things happen
- Experience working with a non-profit board
- Brings a proven track record of working well with funders (including private foundations and major donors) in the development of new partnerships.
- Brings basic exposure to best fundraising practices and extensive knowledge of Canadian laws and regulations with respect to employment and charity management.
- Excellent communications and relationship building skills
- University degree
If someone you know may be interested in this position please feel free to forward this document – we’d be pleased to connect with them.
This search is being conducted on behalf of Transforming Faces by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders for Canada’s non-profit sector. Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online only, in confidence, prior to September 28, 2015 at firstname.lastname@example.org and cite position #42 in the subject line.