Transforming Faces is a Canadian charity that provides free multi-disciplinary cleft care for children and adults in developing countries. We work in partnership with local cleft specialists and fund community-based medical teams. Projects are located in Peru, Argentina, India, Thailand, Ghana, Ethiopia, and Laos.
Working under the supervision and guidance of the Executive Director, the Program Manager:
- Develops, monitors, manages, and evaluates a portfolio of multidisciplinary projects in Peru, Argentina, and Thailand.
- Negotiates strategic alliances, actively promotes TF’s comprehensive cleft management model and leverages in-country and international cooperation.
- Liaises with partners, colleagues, consultants and advisors on issues of project management, monitoring and evaluation.
- Implements annual operation plans based on the organization’s strategy map, and takes part in strategic planning and program policy direction.
- Assists team members in identifying, developing and managing grants
- Provides input and content for Transforming Faces’ communication efforts.
- Contributes to public relations efforts, including participation in public events.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Negotiates and prepares contracts and agency agreements with local organizations, government ministries, hospitals, research centers and universities.
- Works closely with international partners to ensure the successful implementation of projects in Lima, Peru; San Miguel de Tucumán, Argentina; and Chiangrai, Thailand.
- Supports partners to establish and maintain sound financial management practices and submission of audits, financial and narrative reports consistent with approved program work plan and budgets.
- Offers guidance to partners on governance, human resource and strategic alliances with the support of local and international advisers.
- Assesses new project proposals and brokers partnerships with key local and international stakeholders, including other international cleft organizations.
- Prepares proposals for approval in consultation with Medical Advisory Committee and Board.
- Identifies opportunities for partner capacity building through South-South exchanges and training with established centres of excellence.
- Explores locally driven research opportunities consistent with TF’s strategic directions.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Performs annual field monitoring trips and ensures that projects are progressing according to plan and that financial control systems are maintained and updated.
- Supports the development of TF’s monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Supports special projects including an electronic medical records system and a workflow toolkit to help our partners streamline clinical processes and document outcomes.
- Participates in Balanced Scorecard strategy mapping, indicator development and process design and completion.
Public Engagement and Communication
- Provides best practice material, articles and pictures to the Communication Coordinator.
- Facilitates communication and synergy among partners.
- Provides input to TF’s Communication Strategy.
- Provides input and identifies grants.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Fluency in verbal and written Spanish is required, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to engage in extensive international travel for 6-8 weeks per year.
- Post-secondary degree in a field or sector related to international project management, international development or global health. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum five years of experience in managing international or community development programs.
- Proven track record of using logic models and/or related management tools for project planning, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Strong financial management skills (drafting/managing program budgets, expense reports, etc.).
- Demonstrated understanding of international development and global health issues.
- Possesses strong negotiation and diplomatic skills to represent TF’s interests at different levels with confidence and passion.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and work efficiently and independently in a small team environment, as well as with volunteers, consultants and peers.
Please submit your resume, cover letter (written in Spanish) and salary expectations by September 20, 2014. All submissions must be submitted electronically to [email@example.com]
No phone calls, visits or mail please.
We encourage only those candidates with the above specified qualifications to apply. TF thanks all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.