Transforming is all about children and community, accountability and effectiveness, partnership and respect, Canadian warmth and professionalism.
Transforming Faces supports children with cleft lip and palate by providing free, local access to surgery, speech therapy, hearing and dental care, and counselling.
We do this for the long-term by providing training and support to community-based volunteer medical teams who specialize in comprehensive cleft care.
What sets Transforming Faces apart?
- We are 100% Canadian and independent
- We are absolutely committed to comprehensive cleft care teams that include audiologists, dentists, nurse co-ordinators, orthodontists, social workers, speech therapists, surgeons.
- We work in partnership with community groups, building local skills and opportunities
- We are small and flexible – extremely responsive to new opportunities and to changing community needs
- We address children’s short-term and long-term needs, making community sustainability a priority while addressing urgent issues affecting children’s health
- We are a values-driven, non-faith-based organization and offer support to all children regardless of race, gender, culture, religion or family background.
- We are highly transparent in all our practices – accountable to the children and families we serve, as well as the supporters who make our work possible
- TF is endorsed by the American Cleft Palate – Craniofacial Association