- Population: 27 million
- Partners: Clinique Santé Plus
- Based in: Antsirabe
- Partner since: 2021
- Facilitating counselling, nutrition support and community outreach for families affected by cleft
- Supporting Santé Plus in growing towards a Comprehensive Cleft Care approach
- Access to cleft care: Santé Plus is currently the only centre providing year-round cleft care to Malagasy families. Surgical missions to the region are common but have been significantly disrupted by COVID-19.
- Shame & stigma: Cleft is widely perceived as a curse or punishment. Many parents are forced to hide their newborn due to stigma and struggle to find information on where to turn for help.
Caring for Cleft is a podcast series that tells the story of comprehensive cleft lip and palate care around the world. Today’s episode examines how new technology is transforming cleft surgery.
Tiago loves dinosaurs (what 8-year-old doesn’t?), soccer (he is the local team's biggest fan!) and sweets (especially the homemade ones his mom is famous for). He shares a home in northern Argentina with three siblings, a cousin and his loving mother.When her son was...
For the fourth consecutive year, TF’s partner was celebrated for their excellence in the non-profit sector.