One of the things that sets Transforming Faces apart is our heart for children who don’t have access to cleft palate care. We, along with our hard-working partners, are proud to be making a difference in Argentina by changing the lives of countless children who have been born with this devastating condition. Our desire is to help every single person suffering from cleft palate or cleft lip, and while people are still living with these issues, Transforming Faces will continue doing what we do. We are not your standard smile charity; read some of our amazing stories and testimonials to learn more about the driving passion behind Transforming Faces.
- Population: 40.6 million
- Partners: Fundación Gavina
- Based in: Tucumán since 2006
- Providing comprehensive cleft care services for children in the north of the country
- Advancing cleft care knowledge and training throughout South America
- Services include reconstructive surgery, speech therapy, dental care and orthodontics, social work, and counselling for family members
- In response to the government-imposed lock-down in early March 2020, TF’s local partner, Fundación Gavina, quickly implemented COVID protocols to promote the safety of families and staff. Over 70% of patients have been able to continue their rehabilitation treatments virtually.
- 256 families received care in partnership with Fundación Gavina in 2020.
- Awarded by local provincial government for their excellence in the non-profit sector, with a $10,000 CAD contribution to their work (2015 & 2016)
- Developed new collaboration with the province’s maternity hospital to provide better pre-surgical care to newborns and parents
- Signed an agreement between GAVINA and the local government, as a commitment to further strengthen cleft care in the region
- Navigating local systems: Ensuring children receive the best care through provincial health systems
- Local economy: Amidst current economic recession, families face growing social service cuts and unemployment
Caring for Cleft is a podcast series that tells the story of comprehensive cleft lip and palate care around the world. Today’s episode examines how new technology is transforming cleft surgery.
Tiago loves dinosaurs (what 8-year-old doesn’t?), soccer (he is the local team's biggest fan!) and sweets (especially the homemade ones his mom is famous for). He shares a home in northern Argentina with three siblings, a cousin and his loving mother.When her son was...
For the fourth consecutive year, TF’s partner was celebrated for their excellence in the non-profit sector.