Where We Work
Where We Work
One of the things that sets Transforming Faces apart is our heart for children who don’t have access to cleft palate care. We, along with our hard-working partners, are proud to be making a difference in Argentina by changing the lives of countless children who have been born with this devastating condition. Our desire is to help every single person suffering from cleft palate or cleft lip, and while people are still living with these issues, Transforming Faces will continue doing what we do. We are not your standard smile charity; read some of our amazing stories and testimonials to learn more about the driving passion behind Transforming Faces.
- Population: 40.6 million
- Partner: Fundación GAVINA
- Based in: Tucumán
- Partner since: 2006
- Providing comprehensive cleft care services for children in the north of the country
- Advancing cleft care knowledge and training throughout South America
- Services include reconstructive surgery, speech therapy, dental care and orthodontics, social work, and counseling for family members
- Awarded by local provincial government for their excellence in the non-profit sector, with a $10,000 CAD contribution to their work (2015 & 2016)
- Developed new collaboration with the province’s maternity hospital to provide better pre-surgical care to newborns and parents
- Signed an agreement between GAVINA and the local government, as a commitment to further strengthen cleft care in the region
- Navigating local systems: Ensuring children receive the best care through provincial health systems
- Local economy: Amidst current economic recession, families face growing social service cuts and unemployment
For the fourth consecutive year, TF’s partner was celebrated for their excellence in the non-profit sector.
TF proudly encourages our partners to share their extensive expertise with other cleft professionals. This is an important way to build up the cleft profession in our partner countries – and expand access to comprehensive cleft care more broadly. This...
Despite the challenges he’s faced, 4-year-old Benjamin from Argentina never stopped smiling!