- Population: 40.6 million
- Partner: Fundación GAVINA
- Based in: Tucumán
- Partner since: 2006
- Providing comprehensive cleft care services for children in the north of the country
- Advancing cleft care knowledge and training throughout South America
- Services include reconstructive surgery, speech therapy, dental care and orthodontics, social work, and counseling for family members
- Awarded by local provincial government for their excellence in the non-profit sector, with a $10,000 CAD contribution to their work (2015 & 2016)
- Developed new collaboration with the province’s maternity hospital to provide better pre-surgical care to newborns and parents
- Signed an agreement between GAVINA and the local government, as a commitment to further strengthen cleft care in the region
- Navigating local systems: Ensuring children receive the best care through provincial health systems
- Local economy: Amidst current economic recession, families face growing social service cuts and unemployment
Caring for Cleft is a podcast series that tells the story of comprehensive cleft lip and palate care around the world. Today’s episode examines how new technology is transforming cleft surgery.
Tiago loves dinosaurs (what 8-year-old doesn’t?), soccer (he is the local team's biggest fan!) and sweets (especially the homemade ones his mom is famous for). He shares a home in northern Argentina with three siblings, a cousin and his loving mother.When her son was...
For the fourth consecutive year, TF’s partner was celebrated for their excellence in the non-profit sector.