There are many children’s charitable organizations in the world today, but Transforming Faces stands out for our hearts for people, our passion for children, and our desire to change lives. We have a burden to see people in Chile who were born with a cleft palate or cleft lip receive the services and care that they need. We make it our goal to help everyone we can through the efforts of our hard-working partners, and with the support of amazing donors, and now, that dream is more attainable than ever. If you have a desire to help change the life of a child born with cleft lip or cleft palate, consider giving to Transforming Faces today!
- Population: 17.4 million
- Partner: Fundación Gantz
- Based in: Santiago
- Partner since: 2012
- TF is investing in building capacity for this centre of excellence, and Fundación Gantz is among the foremost leaders in providing comprehensive cleft care in Latin America
- Supporting the centre’s specialists in sharing their knowledge with other professionals in South America, and beyond
- In 2020, TF’s local partner, Fundación Gantz, was impacted by government lockdown measures, which suspended in-person services and caused a backlog of appointments once restrictions were lifted. With the support provided by TF to upgrade its facilities and medical database, Fundación Gantz was able to safely meet the increase in demand for in-person care.
- In 2020, 1,041 families benefited from TF’s support in the region, in partnership with Fundación Gantz.
- Organizing the 2nd Andean Cleft Congress in 2016, bringing together experts from across the region
- Training regional cleft care professionals on techniques like nasoalveolar moulding (NAM), which is used to reshape the nose, gums and lips of babies before surgery
- High demand for cleft care services: The successes of Gantz’s experienced, comprehensive team have created a high demand for the team’s services beyond their current capacity to deliver
Learn more about our work in Chile!
Listen to Caring for Cleft: Episode 3 – How a 3D Cleft Palate Simulator is Transforming Cleft Surgery
Caring for Cleft is a podcast series that tells the story of comprehensive cleft lip and palate care around the world. Today’s episode examines how new technology is transforming cleft surgery.
TF proudly encourages our partners to share their extensive expertise with other cleft professionals. This is an important way to build up the cleft profession in our partner countries – and expand access to comprehensive cleft care more broadly. This...
The lovely Marina talks about what inspires her to work with children born with cleft lip and palate in Chile.