Where We Work
Where We Work
There are many children’s charitable organizations in the world today, but Transforming Faces stands out for our hearts for people, our passion for children, and our desire to change lives. We have a burden to see people in Chile who were born with a cleft palate or cleft lip receive the services and care that they need. We make it our goal to help everyone we can through the efforts of our hard-working partners, and with the support of amazing donors, and now, that dream is more attainable than ever. If you have a desire to help change the life of a child born with cleft lip or cleft palate, consider giving to Transforming Faces today!
- Population: 17.4 million
- Partner: Fundación Gantz
- Based in: Santiago
- Partner since: 2012
- TF is investing in building capacity for this centre of excellence, and Fundación Gantz is among the foremost leaders in providing comprehensive cleft care in Latin America
- Supporting the centre’s specialists in sharing their knowledge with other professionals in South America, and beyond
- Organizing the 2nd Andean Cleft Congress in 2016, bringing together experts from across the region
- Training regional cleft care professionals on techniques like nasoalveolar moulding (NAM), which is used to reshape the nose, gums and lips of babies before surgery
- High demand for cleft care services: The successes of Gantz’s experienced, comprehensive team have created a high demand for the team’s services beyond their current capacity to deliver
The lovely Marina talks about what inspires her to work with children born with cleft lip and palate in Chile.
Dr. Francisca Salazar, Orthodontist, Pediatric Dentist and friend of TF, practices at a large hospital in Santiago, Chile. We connected her with our friends at Toronto’s Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids), where she spent four days shadowing one of the leading cleft lip and palate repair teams in the world.
Dr. Dale Podolsky, a medical resident at the University of Toronto, is making headlines with his 3D Palate Simulator! His innovation is revolutionizing the way we teach cleft palate repair surgery. Learn more about Dr. Podolsky’s innovation and recent visit to our partners in Chile.