Where We Work
Where We Work
Transforming Faces is so much more than a cleft lip charity, we are a bridge to a brighter future to countless children who otherwise would have been forgotten. Thanks to the help of our amazing donors and awesome partners, we’ve been able to change the lives of individuals in Costa Rica who are living with cleft lip and cleft palate care. We believe that no child or adult suffering from either of these conditions should be left behind. Transforming Faces is unlike many other organizations because we are in this to change lives, and through the donations of people like you, we’ll make a difference, one person at a time. Join us in transforming lives by donating today!
- Population: 4.9 million
- Partner: Asociación Pro Niño con Labio y/o Paladar hendido (Asociación LPH)
- Based in: San Jose
- Partner since: 2017
- In collaboration with the National Children’s Hospital, ensure that newborns with cleft have access to care and begin their treatment on time
- Improve speech and communication of children and young adults with cleft
- Signed partnership agreement with Transforming Faces in 2017
- Launched a national awareness campaign through links with the Ministry of Education, reaching all public schools in Costa Rica
- Quality Equipment: LPH requires new equipment, including “VPI bulb” to assist with developing speech and communications skills.
- Training: Team requires training in NAM application, used to reshape a baby’s nose, lips and gums prior to surgery for better outcomes.
Together, TF and our Costa Rican partner are ensuring that families are supported during their child’s treatment journey.
From the moment Jean Paul’s mom met his cleft care team, she say “I felt calm. I felt confident. The doctor explained to me that my baby would be fine.”
Meet Dr. Rosalinda, a Pediatric Dentist committed to supporting children born with cleft in Peru.