Transforming Faces is so much more than a cleft lip charity, we are a bridge to a brighter future to countless children who otherwise would have been forgotten. Thanks to the help of our amazing donors and awesome partners, we’ve been able to change the lives of individuals in Costa Rica who are living with cleft lip and cleft palate care. We believe that no child or adult suffering from either of these conditions should be left behind. Transforming Faces is unlike many other organizations because we are in this to change lives, and through the donations of people like you, we’ll make a difference, one person at a time. Join us in transforming lives by donating today!
- Population: 4.9 million
- Partner: Asociación Pro Niño con Labio y/o Paladar hendido (Asociación LPH)
- Based in: San Jose
- Partner since: 2017
- In collaboration with the National Children’s Hospital, ensure that newborns with cleft have access to care and begin their treatment on time
- Improve speech and communication of children and young adults with cleft
- Signed partnership agreement with Transforming Faces in 2017
- Launched a national awareness campaign through links with the Ministry of Education, reaching all public schools in Costa Rica
- In 2020, 149 families received care in partnership with Asociación Pro Niño con Labio y/o Paladar Hendido (LPH).
- Quality Equipment: LPH requires new equipment, including “VPI bulb” to assist with developing speech and communications skills.
- Training: Team requires training in NAM application, used to reshape a baby’s nose, lips and gums prior to surgery for better outcomes.
WHAT OUR PARTNERS ARE SAYING
“We are especially grateful for the attention provided by TF in 2020. We have felt supported and guided during this difficult year.” – Angelica Campos, LPH
Hospitals worldwide are being cleared to make space for intensive care patients, and physical distancing requirements and lockdowns have necessarily postponed all traditional community-based cleft care. During this stressful time, TF’s local partners are...
Caring for Cleft is a podcast series that tells the story of comprehensive cleft lip and palate care around the world. Today’s episode examines how new technology is transforming cleft surgery.
Together, TF and our Costa Rican partner are ensuring that families are supported during their child’s treatment journey.