- Population: 1.3 billion
- Local Partners: Akila Bharatha Mahila Seva Samaja (Rangadore Memorial Hospital, Shree Jain Hospital, St. Joseph’s Hospital), Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education & Research
- Based in: Bangalore, Kolkata, Chennai, and Mysore
- Working with top speech, orthodontic and dental specialists to provide care for families in Thiruvannamalai and Cuddalore districts
- Ensuring care is accessible to remote, rural communities
- Training community-based workers to conduct home visits and community camps for families in local contexts
- In 2020, TF’s local partners were determined to reach rural and remote communities amidst the pandemic. To increase remote access to services, speech therapy was provided virtually and educational videos promoting cleft awareness were widely distributed. We also celebrated the launch of two new projects in partnership with ABMSS, helping centres in Bangalore and Kolkata embrace a CCC approach.
- Celebrating 15 years of partnership between TF & SRIHER
- Using mobile speech therapy and dental vans to reach children and families in remote communities
- Partnering with Indian cleft charity, ABMSS, to expand access to comprehensive care for children in Mysore, Kolkata and Bangalore
- Reaching rural communities: India’s poor transportation infrastructure and long travel distances can prevent families in remote communities from accessing care
International Strategic Partners
In July 2018, TF launched a new partnership with Germany’s largest cleft organization, Deutsche Cleft Kinderhilfe (DCKH) and its counterpart in India, ABMSS. Building on our shared mandate, we seek to deliver the full circle of cleft care to low-income families in Mysore, Kolkata, and Bangalore.
CANADIAN SUPPORTERS: Sisters of Charity – Halifax, Rotary Club of East York
Vineesh and Cleft: A Supportive Family and Community Vineesh was born in 2012 to a humble family living in the village of Neriya, India near the coastal region of Karnataka. He has two siblings whom he enjoys playing with. Vineesh enthusiastically attends school each...
This month, Khon Kaen University in Northern Thailand hosted the prestigious Asia Pacific Cleft Congress. The conference was led by friend and partner of Transforming Faces, Dr. Bowornsilp Chowchuen, and attendees included many of TF’s partners in the region.
Learn how two families in India’s lives have changed with access to cleft care!