Where We Work
Where We Work
At Transforming Faces, we believe that as long as there are children living with cleft lip and palate, we still have work to do. That’s exactly why we’re working in India to provide comprehensive cleft lip and cleft palate care to children who might otherwise, have no hope for treatment. Building on valued partnerships that we’ve nurtured over the last decade, Transforming Faces is committed to making a difference in the lives of India’s children. It’s because of the generous one-time gifts and awesome monthly support form people just like you that Transforming Faces can continue their charitable work in India. Consider donating to our cause today!
- Population: 1.3 billion
- Partner: Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research
- Based in: Chennai
- Partner since: 2007
- Working with top speech, orthodontic and dental specialists to provide care for families in Thiruvannamalai and Cuddalore districts
- Ensuring care is accessible to remote, rural communities
- Training community-based workers to conduct home visits and community camps for families in local contexts
- Celebrating 11 years of partnership between TF & SRMCRI (2017)
- Developing of E-MPOWER mobile application, which allows SRMCRI to track patients’ treatment through mobile phones to ensure patients in remote areas can access care closer to home
- Using mobile speech therapy and dental vans to reach children and families in remote communities
- SRMCRI hosts the prestigious International Cleft Congress in 2017, bringing together over 1,000 leading cleft professionals from around the world
- Reaching rural communities: India’s poor transportation infrastructure and long travel distances can prevent families in remote communities from accessing care
EXPANDING COMPREHENSIVE CARE IN PARTNERSHIP WITH DCKH:
In July 2018, TF launched a new collaborative project in partnership with Germany’s largest cleft organization, Deutsche Cleft Kinderhilfe (DCKH) and its counterpart in India, ABMSS. Building on our shared mandate, this pilot project focuses on delivering the full circle of cleft care to 300 low-income families in Mysore – a city in southwestern India.
CANADIAN SUPPORTERS: Sisters of Charity – Halifax, Rotary Club of East York
Divya from India’s life has been transformed, thanks to supporters like you!
TF partners have the unique opportunity to come together, share knowledge and help shape our collective strategy at the 2017 TF Partner Summit in India.
TF partners, Board Members and staff came together in India for the 2017 International Cleft Congress. We are thrilled to share their accomplishments with you!