Where We Work
Where We Work
At Transforming Faces, we believe that while there is still an individual living with a cleft lip or cleft palate, we still have work to do. Because of the generous donations of people like you, we’ve been able to change the lives of countless Peruvians who had been born with this devastating condition. We’re not one of the best children’s charities simply because we value partnerships and work together to provide cleft lip and cleft palate care in Peru, we’re known and respected around the world because of our hearts to make a difference and transform the lives of people who are suffering with cleft lip or cleft palate. Consider changing a life by donating today!
- Population: 29.7 million
- Partner: Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia (UPCH)
- Based in: Lima
- Partner since: 2016
- Expanding the reach of comprehensive cleft care for children in Peru
- Providing early, pre-surgical care for patients
- Supporting the first 52 patients in this brand new partnership (2016)
- Training medical school residents on use of nasoalveolar moulding (NAM), which is used to reshape the nose, gums and lips of a child before surgery
- Reaching rural communities: Comprehensive cleft care is limited or non-existent in rural areas of the country
Meet Dr. Rosalinda, a Pediatric Dentist committed to supporting children born with cleft in Peru.
Thanks to you, Joshua’s story captures the best of the holiday season: joy, hope and promise.
“We were worried about how we were going to take care of him. This was something new for us, we did not know how to help our baby.”