- Population: 29.7 million
- Partner: Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia (UPCH)
- Based in: Lima
- Partner since: 2016
- Expanding the reach of comprehensive cleft care for children in Peru
- Providing early, pre-surgical care for patients
- In 2020, 290 families received care in partnership with Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia Programa Creciendo
- Supporting the first 52 patients in this brand new partnership (2016)
- Training medical school residents on use of nasoalveolar moulding (NAM), which is used to reshape the nose, gums and lips of a child before surgery
- Reaching rural communities: Comprehensive cleft care is limited or non-existent in rural areas of the country
- Navigating Care: Families from remote indigenous communities require additional support to navigate systems in Spanish.
Caring for Cleft is a podcast series that tells the story of comprehensive cleft lip and palate care around the world. Today’s episode examines how new technology is transforming cleft surgery.
From the moment Jean Paul’s mom met his cleft care team, she say “I felt calm. I felt confident. The doctor explained to me that my baby would be fine.”
Meet Dr. Rosalinda, a Pediatric Dentist committed to supporting children born with cleft in Peru.