Where We Work
Where We Work
Transforming Faces is passionate about our mission of providing care and services to those who have been born with cleft palate and cleft lip. For this reason, we serve the amazing people of Uganda through our valued partnerships and we won’t stop until every person who suffers with one of these conditions receives the care they need. Of all of the smile charities in the world, Transforming Faces stands apart because of our focus on making a difference, our desire to changing lives, and the hope that we offer to those who might never have had it. Our mission: to transform lives, one person at a time. Consider donating to our cause today!
- Population: 41.5 million
- Partners: Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services of Uganda (CoRSU) Hospital
- Based in: Entebbe, Uganda
- Partner since: 2018
- Mobilization and transportation assistance for children from 4 rural districts with a high incidence of cleft lip and palate (Bukedea, Budaka, Mubende and Kiboga)
- Promoting community awareness about comprehensive cleft care through radio talk shows and community workshops
- Providing hospital-based speech therapy
- New partnership launched with TF in 2018 to serve patients affected by cleft lip and palate, and their families
- Long travel distances: The communities served are quite remote, and as a result, are often not equipped with facilities and qualified personnel to deliver surgery and speech therapy close to home
- Awareness: A lack of community knowledge about the condition and the importance of comprehensive cleft care
At Transforming Faces (TF), we know that overcoming the limitations of cleft lip and palate often requires years of comprehensive care. We know that many patients require access to essential treatments, including secondary surgeries, dental and orthodontic care, and...
Research shows that over 50% of children born with a cleft palate will require speech therapy in order to participate fully in school and in the community. Transforming Faces (TF) is proud of the team at Yekatit 12 hospital who ensure that their cleft patients have...
Thanks to our Ethiopian partner, six-year-old Mekdelawit’s smile lights up a room!