We equip local teams to provide comprehensive cleft lip and palate care that is accessible for all. Together we are building happier, healthier lives for children and families in Africa, Asia, and the Americas. As you can see, we’re so much more than a smile charity.
Our vision for children with cleft lip and palate is full inclusion into their community, so they can pursue their hopes and dreams.
Our Board of Directors:
- Jackie Elton, Chair and Co-Founder of Transforming Faces
- Rev. Dr. Nan Hudson, Former Executive Director of ICA Canada
- Cindy Guernsey, Coordinator of Cleft Lip & Palate Program at the Hospital for Sick Children
- Jill Martin, Former Director of Finance at Primate’s World Relief and Development Fund
- Dr. Ronald Zuker, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon with the Cleft Lip & Palate Program at the Hospital for Sick Children, and Professor at the University of Toronto Department of Surgery
- Dr. Michel Grupper, Co-Founder of Health-Co, a medical consulting firm based in Geneva, Switzerland
- Elsa Tesfay, Director of Finance, Administration and Operations at Primate’s World Relief and Development Fund
Our Medical Advisory Committee:
We are grateful to these dedicated members, who help ensure that all TF projects meet the highest standards of patient care:
Dr. Bryan Tompson, D.D.S., D.Paedo, D.Ortho; Dr. Tim Bressmann, Ph.D.; Ms. Cindy Guernsey, RN, BScN; Ms. Farah Sheikh, MSW, RSW, Dr. Karen Wong, MD, MSc, FRC SC
In 2020, Transforming Faces became a member of the Face Equality International Alliance, an alliance of Non-Governmental Organizations, charities and support groups which are working at national, regional or international levels to promote and campaign for ‘face equality.’
Annual Reports & Financials
We are committed to upholding the highest standards of accountability, transparency and efficiency in all aspects of our work.
- 2019 Annual Report (Microsite)
- 2018 Annual Report (Microsite)
- 2017 Annual Report (Microsite)
- 2016 Annual Report & Financial Statements
- 2015 Annual Report & Financial Statements
- 2014 Annual Report & Financial Statements
Our 100% Promise to Donors
We direct 100% of all donations to comprehensive cleft care for children and families, thanks to a private foundation that covers our administrative costs.